Monday, August 20, 2012

Black Evening Bag

I always have a problem when I am getting dressed to go out at night.  I have a lot of black/gold handbags, but I always seem to need a plain one or one with silver.  So I got out some black fabric and quilted it using a cross-hatch pattern.  Then I cut it to a decent size.  I added a flap with a magnetic snap closure.  At first I was going to leave it as an envelope bag, but found some silver chain that I bought a while ago and added it.  I also had purchased a pin from Express a long time ago and thought it would be perfect for this bag.  So here is what I ended up with:

Front

Back

It measures 10" wide, 7" height, and 2" depth.  And now I am ready to go out for the night.


9 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I am always in need of black with gold as all my black has silver!!! I like the added pin too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very nice Talin. I just bought some purse making supplies since I can't crochet right now. I'm still practicing making the purses. I plan on watching some tutorials. I made one for Kate, it came out o.k. but I think I can do better. You inspire me!! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! It's pretty and classy. I hope you enjoyed your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness you are amazing - that is a gorgeous bag, perfect for an elegant evening out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Very awesome!

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Black design in handbag looks different.This handbag design is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete